Thursday, June 07, 2007

Dynamically Appended Form Elements in Firefox

Today I spent about 30 minutes trying to figure out why my dynamically appended form elements were no longer being passed to my receiving page in FireFox when they were clearly there in IE. The problem started happening when I implemented an old trick to hide the form padding by nesting it inside of a table tag improperly. It's really simple to modify the padding of a form tag with style sheets, but old (and lame) habits are hard to break.

Of course, I did this before leaving for the night and didn't remember that edit when I resumed my development this morning. However, once I did a little research I quickly cursed myself, implemented the style sheet fix, returned my form tags to their proper (and W3C approved positions) position and shazaam!

No comments:

Post a Comment