Monday, July 23, 2007

Done With Deathly Hallows (No Spoilers)

Well, I was able to finish Deathly Hallows in just about one sitting. It took me about 15 hours to read (with breaks for food and sanity) and I have to say that I'm as unsettled by the book as much as I was by Order of the Phoenix and Half-blood Prince. That more than likely means that I'll be more OK with it as I read it again. The only thing I have to say about the book at this point is that it is DEFINITELY NOT a kids book anymore. If you're reading it now or waiting to read it, it's a good book and it is a much more "realistic" experience if you consider that Voldemort was supposed to be the most powerful and feared dark wizard. You really get a sense at how true that is in this book.

3 comments:

  1. Long time no post.

    I was thinking about you as I got my book in the mail on Saturday. I got distracted by someone's birthday party yesterday (how dare them! lol) so I didn't get to finish, but I've got about 200 pages left to go. I'll be back once I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the main reason I did it in one sitting was because I didn't want to run across any spoilers either online or in hearing people talking about it. I would much rather have been able to get the book and taken my time with it...however, there was a point where I knew that I could not put it down because I just had to know how everything turns out...and I needed to know ASAP.

    Now that I'm impervious to spoilers I'm re-reading it at a leisurely pace to get all the little details I might have missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished last night. I enjoyed it, but I didn't think it was great. I need to go back and read some things definitely. I didn't run across any spoilers beforehand, but I have been looking up some things on Wikipedia and everything from book 7 is already there...lol...glad I didn't look before I finished.

    ReplyDelete